Well, I left Billings, Montana this morning. I was here for almost a week with temperatures under 40 degrees and 30 percent chance of snow flurries the entire visit. As soon as I was boarding the plane to Denver, the snow started. Can you believe that? I was waiting the entire week, and mother nature had to tease me like that. My departing plane arrived late into Billings, it started snowing, the staff incorrectly said we were overbooked, the flight attendant's watch was 10 minutes slow, and there was some sort of further delay with checked in carry on luggage (Some guy thought he could bring his guitar case on the plane, and that cost us another 5 minutes). Of course after the delay, due to all the snow that had fallen in the 15 minutes worth of waiting for nothing, the plane had to be de-iced. We finally took off around 11:50, 35 minutes later than scehduled. My connecting flight was at 1:20 to L.A.
Landed in Denver at 1:18.
Even though we had about 20 people on the Billings to Denver flight who were going to L.A. as well, good ole supposedly customer friendly Frontier didn't hold the plane for us, or even let us know there was no chance of connecting. It is not like Los Angeles is a connecting airport for the airline. IT IS A FINAL DESTINATION! However, another dude and I ran the entire length of the terminal from gate 62 to 26 (If you know the Denver airport, you know how far that is) only to find out the plane was LONG gone.
So rather than waiting another 15 minutes for us in the spirit of the holidays, the Customer Service department has to deal with over 20 upset, blameless customers. The actual blame went to an air traffic controller error, and not the weather, so for some reason we couldn't even get a food voucher. I am grateful believe it or not that I did get the next flight, a 5:10 departure with a scheduled arrival at 6:36, just in time to rest for the partys.
So, Happy New Year everybody!
1 comment:
Oy! Sounds stressful. Glad you made it back in time!
Post a Comment