Monday, April 14, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Me

I cannot believe I forgot to commemorate the anniversary (4/12) of my hospital exit after 9 days post successful right hemicolectomy surgery, April 12th. I am at year number 6 now, and have only had a few minor flare ups in those 6 years. I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease almost 10 years ago (that's not an anniversary I care to celebrate) after having symptoms for 7-8 years.I was almost all bones here. (6 feet tall, 129 pounds) I am doing a lame impression of the girl in "Airplane" where the nun knocks out her i.v while singing "there is only one river". I am thankful every day for my continued good health.

2 comments:

Kellyry said...

Oh my goodness, Jer! Praise God for your continued good health!

skspaz said...

Your O.C. Contingent of Friends are also thankful for your continued good health. Rock on!