Had a great time in Yosemite this past weekend.
However:
Made it up the Vernal Fall trail head to the viewing bridge, and continued on for a better shot of the awesome waterfall. Because of the melting snowpack, the runoff has been higher than normal. Also, due to these more wet, dangerous conditions, the Mist Trail was closed. However, group after group, parents allowing their kids, went around the trail closed sign and made their way up the very steep path.
I can say with a clear conscience, that if someone fell off that trail, a fatal injury no doubt, that they deserved it. You reap what you sow. I guess it touches off on another issue that I may have to get up on the soapbox for at a later time: Parents, entitlement, and the pursuit of selfishness.
However:
Made it up the Vernal Fall trail head to the viewing bridge, and continued on for a better shot of the awesome waterfall. Because of the melting snowpack, the runoff has been higher than normal. Also, due to these more wet, dangerous conditions, the Mist Trail was closed. However, group after group, parents allowing their kids, went around the trail closed sign and made their way up the very steep path.
I can say with a clear conscience, that if someone fell off that trail, a fatal injury no doubt, that they deserved it. You reap what you sow. I guess it touches off on another issue that I may have to get up on the soapbox for at a later time: Parents, entitlement, and the pursuit of selfishness.
No comments:
Post a Comment