This week I got the denial from SJSU for library school due to sub-required GPA.
So I drove out to my alma mater, CSUF, to request a transcript to see just how many community college classes I would have to take to raise it to San Jose's standards.
*On a side note, if you see the picture of me in the hospital, that is close to what I looked like the last year of my college days. It was truly a miracle that I even finished! Anyway, I dont think SJSU would take that into consideration.
I still find it hard to swallow that over a decade of experience amounts to nothing if the GPA doesnt fit. I'm not an imbecile am I? I haven't been fired from a single job, let alone for incompetence.
All that being said, it was nice to be on campus again. It is the 10 year anniversary of my graduation, and I felt quite nostalgic. So for the first time in 10 years, I went to my favorite place on campus. I hit up the Carl's Jr right next to Langsdorf and University Halls! I recognized an employee from my school days.
I got home, and relaxed for a while, until it was time to go to my first Dodger game of the season (thanks Jack). The game went 13 innings, with a Dodger victory, and I got home after 1am, only to get up at 7 for work today.
1 comment:
BOO!!!
Believe me I feel your pain on fighting the GPA thing. Sigh.
Post a Comment