At work today I was able to meet someone who you so-cal local tv news fans may recognize:
Manuscripts Literary Event - Stan Chambers
Don't miss a very special evening with Southern California legend, Stan Chambers. Chambers has covered every major news event in and around Los Angeles for KTLA, Channel 5, since 1947. He counts several Emmy and Golden Mike awards, the Governor's Award from the Television Academy, the USC Alumni Association Award from his alma mater, and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame among his many honors. His new book, "KTLA's News At Ten: Sixty Years With Stan Chambers" is an insightful time capsule on the birth of broadcast journalism and a moving memoir of the godfather of the Los Angeles newsies.
4 comments:
Hurray! Glad to hear you applied. Let me know if you need any extra recommendations or anything.
Way to go Jer!! SO cool!!! PS your comment on Kel's blog yesterday totally made me laugh! :)
Applying to Grad school is a pain in the a$$, I can relate to that! But if you know that what you want to do requires it, then we have to suck it up and do it. Sigh. And get in debt for it, though hopefully with some recognition that we will be paid back later, either financially or through job satisfaction. As far as GPA, I had some issues with this since my first forays at college didn't really, how shall I say..."display my academic talent". Despite having a 4.0 these last 2 years, my cumulative GPA from the early years brought it down to a 3.1. Definitely not the best, though I think they did see and recognize when the bad grades happened and what that demonstrated. Perhaps submitting GRE scores will help to prove you are a dedicated student? I've got a few books that might help! Hehe (I really don't wish GRE prep/test-taking Hell on anyone, but if you're really concerned, you may want to consider it.)
But most of all, if you do this, I'll promise to call you "Master Jeremy" every time I see you. Now THAT's worth all the effort!
(BTW, this should tell you I expect to be "Dr. Kelly" when I'm all done. :-D)
dude. SJ is where I grew up...
Post a Comment